Doha: The Ministry of Interior (MoI) has announced the extension on the validity of Hayya Card for fans and organizers, whereby its holders from outside the country will be allowed to enter Qatar until January 24, 2024.
The Ministry also stated that the following conditions must be met:
- Proof of a confirmed hotel reservation or accomodation with family or friends approved through the Hayya portal.
- A passport must be valid for no less than three months upon arrival in the State of Qatar.
- Obtaining health insurance during the period of stay in the country.
- A return ticket
Based on this extension, all Hayya Card holders visiting Qatar will have access to the following:
- The 'Hayya with Me' feature' which allows Hayya Card holders to invite up to three family members or friends
- A multiple-entry permit to the State
- Use of the e-Gate system for entry and exit via State ports
- No fees are required
The Ministry also stated: "The above conditions apply to holders of all Hayya Card types used during the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022."
This announcement from the Ministry comes after most Hayya card holders left the country as the initial validity was until January 23, 2023. The latest announcement now allows Hayya Card holders, both fans and organizers, from outside Qatar to enter the country if conditions are met.
Among the conditions required is the health insurance following the Ministry of Public Health's announcement on the implementation of the first phase of the mandatory Health Insurance Scheme in Qatar. This will begin on February 1, 2023, with all visitors to Qatar required to have a health insurance policy.