Doha: Barbershops and hairdressers in the country can reopen with up to 30% capacity with strict disinfection measures said Dr Hamad Al Romaihi, Director of Health Protection and Communicable Disease Control at the Public Health Department and co-chair of the National Pandemic Preparation Committee while addressing a press conference today evening.
Malls to continue to operate at 50% capacity and children under 12 are still not allowed.
Ministry of Public Health has published a list of restrictions, which will be lifted as the country moves into Phase 3 of easing of Covid-19 restrictions. The third phase starts on Tuesday, July 28 instead of August 1 as previously announced.
The ministry listed out guidelines for malls, souqs, restaurants, hairdressers and private healthcare facilities.
- Restricted number of Mosques and Eid musllahs will open during phase 3 for Friday prayers and Eid prayers.
- People must maintain a 1.5m physical distance at all times.
- People should bring their own prayer mats and Qur'an or use their phone Apps to read it.
- People over 60 years old, children, and those suffering from chronic conditions are advised to pray at home
- Social gatherings during phase 3 will be limited to 10 people indoor and 30 people outdoors.
- People participating in gatherings of any size should:
» wear masks
» practice hand hygiene
» maintain a physical distance from others (1.5 m)
» avoid any kind of physical contact, including handshakes, etc.
» ensure proper ventilation
- People over 60 years old, pregnant women and those suffering from chronic conditions should try and avoid social gatherings, if possible.
Malls, Souqs and Wholesale Markets
- Malls to continue to operate at 50%
- Children under 12 are not allowed.
- Souqs to operate with a maximum capacity of 75% (capacity will be determined according to risk assessment by the relevant government agencies) and wholesale markets to continue to operate at 30% capacity.
Barbershops and Hairdressers
- To re-open at up to 30% capacity with strict cleaning and disinfection measures.
- Masks, face shield, and gloves to be worn by staff.
- All staff are to be tested for COVID-19 prior to opening.
- Only clients with scheduled appointments to be allowed entry to ensure physical distancing and avoid crowding.
- Selected restaurants permitted to open at up to 50% capacity if accepted for pre-registration and certification by Qatar Clean Program.
- Precautionary measures include a minimum of 2 m between tables and a maximum of 4 people per table (6 if from the same household).
- Food courts in shopping malls to remain closed during phase 3.
Gyms, Outdoor Swimming Pools and Waterparks
- To re-open at a maximum capacity of 50%.
- Indoor swimming pools, sauna, steam rooms, Jacuzzis, and massage services will remain closed.
- Swimming pools should be monitored by staff to ensure guests maintain physical distancing in and out of the pool.
- No sharing of water bottles, towels, and other personal items.
Parks, Corniche and Beaches
- People should avoid sitting and picnicking while outdoors.
- Groups of a maximum of 30 people are allowed.
- Playgrounds, skate parks and gym equipment will remain closed.
- While walking outdoors, masks should be worn.
- While exercising outdoors, there is no need to wear a mask. However, people should maintain a physical distance of at least 2m from others.
Return to Work
- Maximum of 80% of employees on site, and 20% to continue working from home. - Meetings in person to be limited to 10 people in one room.
Private Healthcare Facilities
- Operational capacity to increase from 60% to 80%.
- Home visits to resume with the following precautions:
» All staff must undergo COVID-19 testing before conducting home visits
» PPE (masks/face shields/gloves) to be worn by healthcare workers for home visits with strict hand hygiene and disinfection of bags/equipment/ hard surfaces between patients.