Doha: Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI) closed a number of stores and establishments as they failed to comply with the Ministry's circulars regarding precautionary and preventive measures to confront the Coronavirus (Covid-19) and non-compliance with public and private requirements.
The shops found violating were:
- Guzel Beauty Center - Al Gharafa
- STEP ’N’ STYLE Beauty & Fitness Center - Al Wakra
- Retail Mart Company - Aba Saleel
- Al Dar For Exchange Works - Aba Saleel
- Red Fort Restaurant - Aba Saleel
- Dakar Kitchen & Restaurant - Aba Saleel
- Al Fayz Supermarket - Industrial Area
- Al Hwamdiyah Supermarket - Industrial Area
- Al Badershin Grocery - Industrial Area
- Iskandar Commercial Complex - Industrial Area
- Venus Hypermarket - Industrial Area
- Buos restaurent - Industrial Area
- Paris Hypermarket - Industrial Area
- Relax time women massage -Al Kharaitiyat
- Lady Gym Beauty & Spa - Al Kharaitiyat
- The shops failed to comply with general and special requirements and so they were punished with closure until the situation is modified and fines are paid.
The Ministry had earlier said that it intends to intensify its inspection campaigns to control violations. Any party who violates laws and Ministerial decisions will be referred to the competent authorities, who will take appropriate measures against violators to protect consumer rights.
The Ministry also urged all citizens and residents to report any violations or infractions related to registration and commercial licensing, or any violation of precautionary and preventive measures.