Ministry of Commerce and Industry issued a decision on Thursday, May 14, to allow certain specific businesses from applying for entry permits in to the Industrial Area.
In line with the previous decisions and measures adopted by Qatar to contain and limit the spread of the coronavirus (COVID - 19), and in consideration of the latest developments and urgent public
needs while complying with medical and preventive requirements, the following has been decided:
To exempt the following businesses from applying for entry permits into the Industrial Area:
- Auto-transport trailers (flat) for transporting personal cars located inside the Industrial Area
- Sewage suction and water trucks
- Cleaning and garbage collection trucks
- Concrete mixing transport trucks
- Money transport vehicles
Businesses exempt from applying for an entry permit to the Industrial Area are required to comply with the following:
- Download the EHTERAZ app as a mandatory condition to access and exit the Industrial Area
- Wear medical masks and gloves while entering the Industrial Area
- Complying with occupational health and safety requirements at the workplace.
- Complying with the safe distancing rule of at least two metres between all workers, and abiding by other preventive measures
The Ministry clarified that all companies are required to fully comply with the policies of Ministry of Commerce and Industry, the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs, and the Ministry of Public Health regarding the measures that should be taken in the workplace and in staff housing, in order to protect employees and limit the spread of the coronavirus.
The competent authority shall ensure the implementation of this decision and its provisions. Any violation or breach of this decision will subject perpetrators to legal accountability.
This decision, which was issued on Thursday, May 14, 2020, may be subject to amendments and updates according to the latest developments in this regard.