DOHA: Qatar Central Bank (QCB) today announced that new Qatari Riyal bank notes will come into effect from Qatar National Day 2020 - Friday, December 18, 2020.
Here are all the details about the 5th series of Qatari Riyal banknotes:
- As part of the new series Qatar has introduced a new denomination: QR 200.
- All denomination bank notes will have a new design and extra features.
- The front designs of the new banknotes share a common theme based on traditional geometric patterns, the State of Qatar flag, Qatari flora (Dreama) and an orante gate representing the historical Qatari architecture.
- The back designs comprise themes reflecting Qatari tradition, Islamic history, culture, flora and fauna and development of education, sport and the economy.
- The public will be able to withdraw new notes from ATMs as of 12:01 am, Friday, December 18.
- New notes will have 64 state-of-the-art security specifications.
QR1 shows Traditional Dhow (Bateel) and the Oyster and Pearl Monument
QR5 shows Traditional desert scene comprising fauna (Arab horses, Camel, Oryxes), flora (Al Qataf) and 'hair tent (buryuut hajar)'
QR10 shows Lusail Stadium, Torch Tower (Aspire Zone), Sidra Medicine and Education City (Qatar Foundation)
QR 50 shows Qatar Central Bank building and Ministry of Finance building
QR100 Abu Al Qubaib Mosque
QR 200 shows pictures of Palace of Sheikh Abdullah bin Jassim Al Thani, Qatar National Museum and Museum of Islamic Art
QR500 shows Ras Laffan LNG refinery and LNG canter ship
The QCB official said that the old banknotes will be in circulation and can be exchanged through local banks in the next three months and after that from Qatar central bank for ten years.
Highlights of the new notes:
1) Each security thread shows the value of the denominatio
2) The numerals and horizontal line prints are raised for the benefit of blind and visually impaired.
3) When you lift the banknote up to the light to see the incomplete shapes on the front and back of the note combine to form the banknote’s value.
4) Lift the banknote up to the light to see the watermark of the State of Qatar Crest and denomination numerals.
5) Tilt the banknote and see changes to the appearance of the holgram.
6) Tilt the banknote and see the changes to the appearance of the security thread.
7) Tilt the banknote to see the Dreama flower on the gate changing colour and a bright circle moving within the flower.